Congratulations to Janet Williamson! She’s the winner of the 1986 Volkswagen Cabriolet raffled by the MV Big Flea. We made more than $2,000 through the raffle and appreciate everyone who purchased a ticket (or multiple tickets). Janet works in the front office of the Mount Vernon Community School and we’re glad to see the car “stay in the family.”
On Saturday, April 30 the MV Big Flea raised $29,619 through its annual flea marketing fundraising event. But thanks to a $1,000 donation from our long-time supporter Jen Walker of McEnearney we’ve now crossed the thirty thousand dollar mark, bringing our total raised to $30,619!
But Walker was not alone in providing generous financial support for the Big Flea. Weichart Realtor Bobi Bomar once again created a matching grant program that also raised $1,000 in donations for the Big Flea. Both also volunteered at the event and we can’t thank them both enough.
The Big Flea would also like to thank its other generous supporters:
* Gentle Giant Moving Company – provided a full day of moving donations from our warehouse to the Rec Center – WHOA!!! These folks totally rock! I can’t say enough about how super they are!!!
* Anonymous – A local real estate developer provided us with free warehouse space for us to store our items in Old Town. We literally could not have done it without his support.
* Jeremy Stewart of Weichert Realtors – provided a generous financial sponsorship for this year’s event
* BLT Shirt Printers – discounted our Flea tshirts and got them to us super fast!
* Whole Foods – provided bags for all to collect their goodies in
* Rubini Jewelers – appraised our jewelry donations and provided a display case that made selling and security much easier.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!