The MV Big Flea is a HUGE fundraiser which benefits the Mt Vernon Community School PTA. Proceeds are used for things such as field trips, enrichment activities, special events, computers, musical instruments and art and classroom supplies. We take your unwanted household items and furniture and turn them into cash for our school. All donations are tax-deductible.
BIG FLEA MAIN EVENT: April 28, 2018 at the Mt Vernon Rec Center located at 2701 Commonwealth Ave. in Alexandria.
- 7 a.m. Early bird admission ($10 entry fee)
- 8 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Free general admission
- 10:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Everything is HALF PRICE
- 12:45 p.m. – 1 p.m. (ish) Everything is FREE with a $5 entry fee (no fee for under 18)
- Sunday, April 22 — Packing up the warehouse
- Thursday, April 26 — Moving boxes from the warehouse to MVCS
- Friday, April 27 — Set-up day at the Rec Center
- Saturday, April 28 — THE MAIN EVENT! Doors open at 7 a.m.
DONATIONS: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for furniture donations. Please include a description of the item, dimensions and photo. You can also drop off furniture and household goods at our warehouse at 444 Swann Ave. — check the schedule for dates and take a look at our list of acceptable items.
FRIENDS OF THE FLEA: The Big Flea wouldn’t come to you without the support of these local businesses and individuals. If you’d like to support the Flea through an in-kind or monetary donation, please contact email@example.com.
- Capitol Hill Construction
- Affordable Signs and Banners
- Jen Walker Team
- Bobi Bomar’s Homes of Alexandria
- Gentle Giant Moving Company
- Mount Vernon Recreation Center
- DIY Del Ray